Environmental, Health And Safety Policy Statement
As GVBB Holdings S.a.r.l. and its subsidiaries (collectively, "Grass Valley"), we are committed to conducting our business in a manner that is friendly to the environment, saves resources and is protective from an environmental standpoint of the well being of our employees, customers, and the communities we are a part of worldwide. We believe that working in partnership with suppliers, governments, communities and industry groups are critical to our success in these areas. Grass Valley establishes and maintains sound environmental, health and safety (EH&S) management practices to meet or exceed all applicable government requirements wherever we operate.
Our policy objectives are as follows:
- Develop, manufacture, and market products that are safe for their intended use, that are efficient in their use of energy, and that can be reused, recycled, or disposed of in an environmentally sound manner.
- Use development and manufacturing processes that do not adversely affect the environment, that minimize waste and prevent pollution, and that minimize health and safety risks.
- Foster an environment for open dialog with employees, the public, and government agencies by providing accurate and timely information about the environmental impact of our products, services, and operations.
- Manage a strategy that substantially reduces the use of chemicals and the generation of hazardous wastes, while disposing of wastes safely and responsibly.
- Provide a safe and healthy work place, including avoiding or correcting hazards and ensuring that personnel are properly trained and have appropriate safety and emergency equipment.
- Expect employees, and contractors on Grass Valley premises, to follow the Company's policies and to report any EH&S concern, and management to respond in a timely manner.
- Integrate EH&S requirements directly into product design and manufacturing standards as an integral part of our total quality commitment, and routinely apply principles and practices of continuous improvement through efforts of teamwork of employees and organizations.
- Conduct audits and self-assessments of Grass Valley compliance with this policy, measure progress of Grass Valley's EH&S performance, and report periodically to the site Executive Staff.
- Incorporate defined roles and responsibilities for EH&S policies, programs, and goals, to the extent applicable, in the performance standards of employees, managers, suppliers, and contractors.