San Francisco, Calif., July 15, 2013
— Grass Valley
® will showcase its latest innovations in nonlinear live production at this year's SMPTE Australia Conference and Exhibition, 23-26 July, in Sydney. The conference provides an opportunity for Grass Valley to debut the GV Director™ Nonlinear Live Production System to the Oceanic market, and to demonstrate the latest version of its Ignite® Automated Production System.
Visitors to the Grass Valley booth (H18) will be able to see live demonstrations of GV Director and Ignite production systems, as well as GV STRATUS®, the K2 Dyno® S Replay Controller, LDX WorldCam™ and its companion XCU™ eXchangeable Control Unit.
"We are excited to be bringing our live production innovations to this year's SMPTE Conference and Exhibition," said Stephen Wong, Senior Vice President of APAC, Grass Valley. "The Oceanic market is very important to Grass Valley and we are seeing some great movement in the region. The conference is not only an opportunity for us to debut some of our latest advancements, but is also a chance for us to show our customers how we can help them to stay ahead of the game in a rapidly evolving and competitive broadcast market."
The full product line-up is as follows:
- GV Director, an award-winning solution, integrates live production tools into a single, easy-to-use and intuitive platform. GV Director removes the complexity of production processes and simplifies the production and delivery of live content.
- The Ignite Production System is an automated production tool that streamlines production and improves program consistency whilst reducing technical errors and operating costs.
- GV STRATUS is the industry's only full set of production tools in one application. Operable in a variety of environments including studio production, play-to-air, and news, GV STRATUS provides a collaborative work environment where everyone can create high-quality, revenue-generating media.
- K2 Dyno S is a dynamic replay controller that offers a powerful and affordable means to offer viewers engaging highlight packages. With its highly intuitive touchscreen interface, otherwise complex live replay management tasks are dramatically simplified.
- The LDX WorldCam is an advanced system camera, and with traditional 1080i/720p HD formats in both 50 and 59.94 Hz and 1080p50/60 acquisition, LDX WorldCam gives ultimate format flexibility and high quality HD imaging.
- The XCU is a uniquely adaptable exchangeable camera control unit. Its cradle allows broadcasters to quickly and easily transfer camera chains between OB (outside broadcast) vans and studios.
Eric DuFosse, vice president of marketing, Live Solutions at Grass Valley, will be presenting a paper at the conference on the 'Evolution in Design of Production Switchers/Mixers' on Thursday, July 25 at 2:50pm. The paper, which will be part of the conference track "Evolving Media Workflows", will discuss the benefits the evolution of technology has delivered to the production community and how a new paradigm will enable workflows.
Grass Valley is changing the way live television is made and delivered. Recognized with 18 Emmy® awards for technology innovation, Grass Valley's product portfolio—from image acquisition to playout—offers a complete end-to-end workflow of flexible, future-proofed solutions which enable broadcasters and content owners to build multiscreen, multiplatform futures. By simplifying and enhancing the way content is produced and distributed, Grass Valley gives customers the freedom they need to be creative in the studio, the field, and the newsroom. Merging optimizations of IT technologies with best-in-breed media systems, Grass Valley's next generation solutions deliver higher quality and greater efficiencies. Customers include world-leading broadcasters, teleproduction facilities, service providers, government, religious, educational, corporate, and independent video professionals. Grass Valley is headquartered in San Francisco, and maintains local presence across the globe with offices throughout North and Latin America, Europe, the Middle East, and Asia-Pacific regions.
For information about Grass Valley solutions and services, please visit www.grassvalley.com.