San Francisco, Calif., August 13, 2013
— Grass Valley
® will showcase its latest live production solutions at BIRTV 2013, 21-24 August, in Beijing. The show provides an opportunity for Grass Valley to debut GV Director™ Nonlinear Live Production System, LDX Series™, and the ShareFlex™ feature for the K2 Dyno® replay system to the Asia-Pacific region, along with EDIUS® 7, the latest version of Grass Valley's advanced editing system.
Visitors to Grass Valley's booth (8A08) will be able to see live demonstrations from its product portfolio including cameras, switchers, workflow tools, editing applications and replay controllers.
For the first time, Grass Valley will exhibit its award-winning GV Director to the region. GV Director is a nonlinear production system for live events which combines the functionality of a switcher, video server, graphics generator, and multiviewer in one easily operated application. Also making its debut will be the LDX Series of software upgradable cameras. The LDX Series combines superior CMOS imagers with advanced video processing for a wide variety of formats, along with flexible licensing of features and formats.
Other regional launches include the ShareFlex feature which enables content and resources to be instantly shared across multiple K2 Dyno replay systems, and EDIUS 7 which now includes multi-layer 4K editing in real-time and provides support for third-party input and output hardware, the latest file formats, and any mix of SD, HD, 2K and 4K.
"2013 has been a really exciting year for Grass Valley so far in the Asia-Pacific region. At BIRTV, visitors to our booth will be able to see how we are combining recent customer successes with continued inventiveness in our product portfolio," said Stephen Wong, Senior Vice President of APAC, Grass Valley. "Our solutions answer broadcasters' requirements for improved efficiencies and smarter ways of working so that they can provide their viewers with first-rate services."
The full product line-up on Grass Valley's booth is:
- GV Director™, an award-winning solution integrating live production tools into a single, easy-to-use platform
- The LDX Series™ of software upgradable cameras, based on the in-house developed Xensium FT CMOS imager, offers unmatched picture quality and operational flexibility
- The XCU™ is a flexible-base station supporting mixed formats and a unique docking function for easy movement between locations
- The Karrera® Video Production Center switcher, now available with the powerful processing of K-Frame™, has the ability to be configured with full 3G 1080p50/60 HD support, and uses 50% less power than other comparable switchers
- GV STRATUS®, the industry's only full set of production tools in one application for environments such as studios and newsrooms, includes functionality for ingest, editing, content aggregation, logging, transfer and playout
- K2 Dyno®, a dynamic replay system that offers a powerful and affordable means to offer viewers engaging replays and highlight packages
- EDIUS® 7 is the fastest and most versatile real-time editing software—4K, 3D, HD, SD, and almost any format from 24x24 to 4Kx2K
- The T2™ iDDR digital video recorder is equipped with advanced nonlinear production features, combined with time-tested, VTR-like controls, enabling versatility and flexibility.
Grass Valley® is changing the way live television is made and delivered. Recognized with 18 Emmy® awards for technology innovation, Grass Valley's product portfolio—from image acquisition to playout—offers a complete end-to-end workflow of flexible, future-proofed solutions which enable broadcasters and content owners to build multiscreen, multiplatform futures. By simplifying and enhancing the way content is produced and distributed, Grass Valley gives customers the freedom they need to be creative in the studio, the field, and the newsroom. Merging optimizations of IT technologies with best-in-breed media systems, Grass Valley's next generation solutions deliver higher quality and greater efficiencies. Customers include world-leading broadcasters, teleproduction facilities, service providers, government, religious, educational, corporate, and independent video professionals. Grass Valley is headquartered in San Francisco, and maintains local presence across the globe with offices throughout North and Latin America, Europe, the Middle East, and Asia-Pacific regions.
For information about Grass Valley solutions and services, please visit www.grassvalley.com.