Hillsboro, Ore., January 10, 2014
— Grass Valley®
will be showcasing its latest innovations in live production workflows at booth #88 at the Broadcast Engineering Society (BES) EXPO 2014, held January 14-16 in New Delhi, India. The exhibition focuses on terrestrial and satellite broadcasting and is the 20th in the series of events to be organized by the Broadcast Engineering Society (India).
Making their debut to the Indian market and being demonstrated for the first time at BES EXPO are:
- GV Director™ Nonlinear Live Production System: A multipurpose tool for live production that integrates video switching, multi-layer effects, animated graphics, multiviewer monitoring and more all in a single system
- CommandCenter™ Broadcast System Control: Designed to configure, control, monitor, and diagnose a range of broadcast infrastructure devices either on-site or remotely
- GV Edge™ Integrated Playout System: A robust and purpose-built solution for mission-critical 24/7 playout applications
- EDIUS® 7 Multiformat Nonlinear Editing Software: Now a native 64-bit application for Windows 7 and Windows 8 64-bit operating systems, EDIUS 7 takes full advantage of up to 512 GB of installed memory
- LDX Flex™ Advanced Imaging Camera: An entry-level offering in the LDX Series, it delivers the same performance as other cameras in the line and can be upgraded through the entire LDX range
- LDX Compact™ Advanced Imaging Cameras: Built for tight spaces, remote pan/tilt heads, and POV applications, they deliver superior imaging, processing, and performance
Based on the exceptional CMOS imaging functionality of the LDX Flex and LDX Compact cameras, Grass Valley's Director of Imaging Technology, Klaus Weber, will present a tutorial workshop on "Trends & Implementations in Broadcast Camera Technology" on Tuesday January 14th at 2:00pm. The workshop will discuss the evolution of camera imaging technology and how today's advancements allow broadcasters to deliver more creative and compelling HD content. It will also discuss the advantages of progressive formats and sensitivity, as well as the differences between CMOS and CCD camera technology and what these offer in terms of quality, performance, and revenue.
The following live demonstrations will also be available at the Grass Valley booth throughout the show:
- LDX WorldCam™ with triax adapter: Part of the LDX™ Series, the LDX WorldCam is a multiformat camera system that delivers stunning high definition images
- Karrera® Video Production Center: A software-based platform that gives a new modular approach to production switchers
- K2 Dyno® S Replay System: A dynamic replay controller and server that delivers exceptional highlights and replays
- GV STRATUS® Nonlinear Media Production Tools: A full set of media production tools housed in one application, designed to enable collaborative workflows, agile production operations and efficient production of rich, high value content.
"The Indian broadcasting market is becoming increasingly competitive so it's crucial for broadcasters to efficiently manage their entertainment, on-air operations, and news production media workflows. This is where Grass Valley excels with the right breed of end-to-end broadcast technology solutions," said Stephen Wong, Senior Vice President of Asia Pacific, Grass Valley.
Grass Valley is changing the way live television is made and delivered. Recognized with 18 Emmy® Awards for technology innovation, Grass Valley's product portfolio—from image acquisition to playout—offers a complete end-to-end workflow of flexible, forward thinking solutions which enable broadcasters and content owners to build multiscreen, multiplatform futures. By simplifying and enhancing the way content is produced and distributed, Grass Valley gives customers the freedom they need to be creative in the studio, the field, and the newsroom. Merging optimizations of IT technologies with best-in-breed media systems, Grass Valley's next generation solutions deliver higher quality and greater efficiencies. Customers include world-leading broadcasters, teleproduction facilities, service providers, government, religious, educational, corporate, and independent video professionals. Grass Valley is headquartered in Hillsboro, OR, and maintains local presence across the globe with offices throughout North and Latin America, Europe, the Middle East, and Asia-Pacific regions.
For information about Grass Valley solutions and services, please visit www.grassvalley.com.