Hillsboro, Ore., March 10, 2014
— Consumer demand for exceptional viewing performance and quality is soaring, and new standards such as UHD/4K are driving the need for higher resolutions and higher frame rates throughout the broadcast distribution chain. Grass Valley®
solves the challenges these new formats present with innovative updates across its entire product line at the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) show in Las Vegas from April 7-10, 2014. Grass Valley (booth SL206) will demonstrate large scale, future-ready production solutions that enable the creation and manipulation of higher resolution and higher frame rate content, alongside seamless workflows that offer multiplatform content development and distribution with remote capabilities.
"Since its founding in 1959, Grass Valley has played a pioneering role in every major transition in the broadcast industry," said Mike Cronk, Senior Vice President of Marketing, Grass Valley. "Today we are fully committed to helping our customers meet the challenges of live production with complete workflows and applications that prepare them for the future. Every product on our show floor has been updated and is future-ready to conquer the growing complexities of multiscreen, higher resolution and frame rate production. These product enhancements include remote capabilities and multiplatform content development, which ease complexity and increase functionality across the board for our customers."
As part of its ongoing commitment to live production and news, Grass Valley has added powerful new features to its GV STRATUS® Nonlinear Media Production tools. New rules and workflow engines automatically manage the import and export of content and metadata based on any combination of file type, location, and metadata entries. GV STRATUS also includes new remote connections for editing, news production and distribution capabilities for targeted content, which includes two-way integration with the Ignite® Konnect Automated Production System for both on-air broadcasts and social media interaction. Another new GV STRATUS feature debuting at NAB allows users working on thin wireless connections (such as those provided by 3G and 4G mobile systems) operate an EDIUS® 7 editor on a laptop and create timelines of material shot in the field with proxies of content available in the newsroom. This allows faster creation of news packages, meaning organizations can get to air even quicker with the information their viewers need.
Grass Valley will also unveil the latest addition to its LDX Series™ at NAB 2014. Utilizing flexible technologies to deliver unrivaled image quality, seamless integration into live production workflows and outstanding performance in multiple resolutions and frame rates, this soon to be announced camera marks the perfect step forward for today's sophisticated sports and entertainment productions.
Grass Valley will provide hands-on tutorials and demonstrations of enhanced products on the show floor including:
- The format-friendly workflows of Ignite Konnect and GV STRATUS — create once and publish more content everywhere with fewer resources, providing an unprecedented return on investment.
- The K2 Summit® 3G Production Client and K2 Dyno® S Replay System are UHD/4K -compliant and can now support multiple frame rates including super slow-motion and ultra-high frame rate acquisition and replay. K2 Dyno S also offers a new and optional tOG-Sports telestration feature developed by RT Software which supports both 720p and 1080i formats directly from the K2 Dyno S touchscreen.
- The K-Frame™ modular video processing engine for the Kayenne® and Karrera® Production Switchers now includes functionality enhancements that dramatically expand its capabilities, including 4K applications.
- GV Director™ Nonlinear Live Production System — a multipurpose production platform that combines the functionality of a switcher, video server, graphics generator, and multiviewer in one seamless application.
- EDIUS 7 Multiformat Nonlinear Editing Software, which is already capable of handling 4K and 8K content.
- LDX Series and LDX Compact™ Series of advanced imaging cameras — including LDX Première™, LDX WorldCam™, LDX Elite™, LDX Flex™, the newest addition to the LDX Series and the XCU™ eXchangeable Control Unit.
- T2™ Intelligent Digital Disk Recorders — combining advanced nonlinear production features with VTR-like controls, with multiple playback/record channels.
- ADVC® G-Series Digital Video Converters — designed to manage a variety of different A/V tasks and suited to events and staging, corporate AV centers, and broadcast display applications.
In addition, Mike Cronk will present a segment entitled "Next Generation Production and Delivery" on Tuesday, April 8th from 3:30pm — 4:00pm in room S227. The presentation will provide an overview of how fundamental technologies like software-based frameworks, workflow engines, an IP-based infrastructure and the cloud will help the broadcast industry evolve and change the way live events are produced from technical, creative and business aspects. Attendance requires either a Conference Flex Pass or Smart Pass.
Grass Valley will be exhibiting at NAB in Las Vegas from April 7-10, 2014, in the South Hall lower level, booth SL206.
Grass Valley is changing the way live television is made and delivered. Recognized with 18 Emmy® Awards for technology innovation, Grass Valley's product portfolio—from image acquisition to playout—offers a complete end-to-end workflow of flexible, forward thinking solutions which enable broadcasters and content owners to build multiscreen, multiplatform futures. By simplifying and enhancing the way content is produced and distributed, Grass Valley gives customers the freedom they need to be creative in the studio, the field, and the newsroom. Merging optimizations of IT technologies with best-in-breed media systems, Grass Valley's next generation solutions deliver higher quality and greater efficiencies. Customers include world-leading broadcasters, teleproduction facilities, service providers, government, religious, educational, corporate, and independent video professionals. Grass Valley is headquartered in Hillsboro, OR, and maintains local presence across the globe with offices throughout North and Latin America, Europe, the Middle East, and Asia-Pacific regions.
For information about Grass Valley solutions and services, please visit www.grassvalley.com.
Grass Valley and ADVC, EDIUS, GV Director, GV STRATUS, Ignite, K-Frame, Karrera, Kayenne, K2 Dyno, K2 Summit, LDX Compact, LDX Elite, LDX Flex, LDX Première, LDX WorldCam, LDX Series, T2 and XCU are trademarks or registered trademarks of GVBB Holdings S.a.r.l and its affiliates. Emmy is a registered trademark of NATAS/ATAS. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.