MONTREAL, August 26, 2014
— Grass Valley, a Belden Brand, will showcase its Future- Ready solutions at one of the most influential exhibitions in the Asia-Pacific region for the broadcasting industry, the Beijing International Radio, TV & Film Exhibition (BIRTV), August 27-30, 2014.
Visitors to the Grass Valley booth #8A08, Hall 8, will see how the new Grass Valley delivers the right solutions, expertise, and service to meet the needs of broadcasters, content owners and service providers, today and in the future. Following the merger earlier this year of Grass Valley and Miranda, Grass Valley now offers the broadest portfolio of workflow technologies and solutions covering acquisition through delivery.
"This event provides us with an outstanding opportunity to demonstrate to customers in China the benefits of the merger and how the two companies are now so much stronger as one," noted Steve Ronneberg, senior vice president of sales and marketing, Grass Valley. "With a complete portfolio of end-to-end solutions, we make it easy for customers to find the right solutions that meet their needs today and position them to capitalize on exciting new opportunities in the future."
Some of the highlights in the Grass Valley booth at BIRTV include:
- Cameras and Telecast—LDX WorldCam, LDX Première, LDX Flex and LDX Elite advanced imaging camera; LDX HighSpeed 3X super-slow-motion and LDX XtremeSpeed 6X ultra-slow-motion camera systems delivering superb picture quality, high sensitivity and high dynamic range for a wide variety of production applications; the LDX Compact 4K camera—the first 4K/UHD camera system to use a three 2/3″ imaging system with the full support of all B4 mount HD lenses; CopperHead 3404 and other major telecast products such as TPOV/Python/Rattler.
- IP Infrastructure/Multiviewer—Kaleido-IP X310 doubles the number of simultaneous audio and video decodes possible in the previous X300 model, which was already the highest in the industry; IRG-3401 IP Gateway is a high-density, bidirectional DVB-ASI/IP gateway card, which runs on the Densité modular platform providing a transport stream of up to 12 MPEG per card; SME-1901 is a compact H.264 streaming encoder with 3 Gbps/HD/SD SDI input and 1x6 SDI distribution amplifier; the Kaleido-X video multiviewer offers the finest picture quality, unmatched display configuration flexibility and exceptional resilience.
- Playout/Monitoring—iTX is the world's most advanced, integrated playout platform for broadcast television; iControl and Playout monitoring is a highly adapted, efficient playout monitoring package for broadcasters and specialty channel providers, enabling operators to manage more channels while saving on operating costs.
- Master Control—iMC solution offers all the live manual control capabilities needed by national broadcasters, regional stations and other providers of live programming.
- >Switchers—Kayenne and Karrera video production center switcher with K-Frame delivers superior performance with a wide variety of configuration options and features including 1080p 3G and 4K/UHD support—integrated with the Kaleido-X multiviewer.
- Servers/Replay—K2 Summit 3G production client delivers speed and stability for live event production; the K2 Dyno Replay System brings compelling instant replay and highlight generation for SD/HD, 3G and 4K/UHD with pan/zoom technology.
- Workflow—GV STRATUS nonlinear media production tools deliver a seamless workflow, managing all aspects of content capture, production, and distribution within a single production toolset or database environment.
Grass Valley will be exhibiting in Booth #8A08, Hall 8, at the China International Exhibition Center.
For information about Grass Valley solutions and services, please visit new.grassvalley.com.
The new Grass Valley keeps broadcasters, content owners and service providers Future-Ready as they navigate the changing landscape of television. With the most comprehensive collection of workflow solutions in the industry, Grass Valley delivers end-to-end television production and content distribution workflows that enable the efficiency and flexibility broadcasters need to stay competitive today—while offering technological foresight they need to keep pace with consumers' desires for more content on more devices. Grass Valley, headquartered in Montreal, leverages the collective expertise and depth of the Grass Valley Group and Miranda Technologies, each having been acquired by St. Louis-based Belden Inc. Belden delivers a comprehensive product portfolio designed to meet the mission-critical network infrastructure needs of industrial, enterprise and broadcast markets. With innovative solutions targeted at reliable and secure transmission of rapidly growing amounts of data, audio and video needed for today's applications, Belden is at the center of the global transformation to a connected world. For more information visit www.belden.com.