- K2 system software v3.3 or later
- K2 Summit/K2 Solo software v7.1 or later (including K2 Summit software v8.0)
- Aurora v7.0 or later
- K2 BaseCamp v7.0 or later
- FCP v6.5 or later
- Intel-based MacPro system
To support K2 FCP Connect for iSCSI connection to a K2 SAN, your Final Cut Pro Macintosh systems must meet the following requirements:
- Mac Pro
- Intel processor
- Two Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Mac OS X 10.6
- Final Cut Pro version 7.x (does not support FCP X)
- Apple Xsan 2.1
If using CIFS mount only for access to K2 SAN, MacBook Pro with one Gigabit Ethernet port is supported.
March 2, 2010
Paris, France/Nevada City, Calif., March 2, 2010 — Grass Valley™ has added new features and functionality to its GV Connect plug-in for Final Cut Pro users which increases productivity and provides new performance benefits when working with Grass Valley K2 media servers and storage area networks. The latest version, 2.0, adds tighter newsroom computer integration with K2/Aurora news systems, via the MOS protocol, to tightly link scripts with audio and video clips making digital news production easy and getting news content to air much faster and more efficiently.