MONTREAL, March 9, 2020 — Grass Valley will be front and center at NAB Show 2020 with a new booth location in Central Hall #C1707 at the Las Vegas Convention Center. At what will be the first major public appearance following the announcement of Black Dragon Capital's intent to acquire Grass Valley, the company will show why it is the business transformation partner for the world's most innovative broadcasters and media organizations. NAB Show will see Grass Valley continue to pioneer the industry's transition to IP and drive workflow simplicity that enables customers to create perfection, control with ease and connect everyone.
On a booth set to be packed with innovation and application use cases, Grass Valley will unveil solutions that harness IP and cloud computing to deliver game-changing developments and lead the industry's charge towards a software-based future. New cloud-native solutions will be introduced to the market that drive greater flexibility and efficiency in live production environments, alongside a raft of virtualized systems that leverage commodity hardware.
Tim Shoulders, Grass Valley's president, commented: "We are especially excited about this year's NAB Show and for the opportunity to show how Grass Valley is strongly placed to accelerate the pace of industry transformation. At our new booth location in Central Hall we will deliver on years of innovation and focus on driving an all-IP future with key initiatives that allow our customers to improve flexibility and efficiency by migrating to software as a service (SaaS) platforms. At the same time, we'll continue to demonstrate the levels of reliability and high performance in our hardware solutions that customers have come to expect of the Grass Valley brand."
Visitors to the Grass Valley booth will get a closer look at the most comprehensive high performance live production capabilities available on the market. A host of new solutions will be launched at the show:
- GV STRATUS One Pro, shown for the first time at NAB Show 2020, is an all-in-one media asset management, ingest, playout, storage and editing solution that delivers more powerful server functionality, additional plug-ins and hi-res editing clients to meet the demands of high-end broadcast applications.
- GV Orbit - the company's keystone piece of its end-to-end IP workflow - will make its NAB Show debut. This solution simplifies IP network deployment, putting system-wide control and simplified device discovery at users' fingertips.
- GV Pace, a production automation control environment that delivers tablet-based automation-assisted control for unscripted live production with improved viewer engagement, will also be on booth #C1707.
Grass Valley will also show a complete end-to-end HDR production chain for robust live remote production workflows that enable the production of more quality content than ever, efficiently and with reduced travel, emissions and power concerns.
The company will bring interactivity to its new booth with a Live Stage area, which will feature customer testimonials, as well as technology presentations by a host of Grass Valley experts. Grass Valley is a Silver sponsor of NAB Show's esports experience taking place in the North Hall, throughout the show, and the company is also Gold Sponsor of the 2020 Devoncroft Executive Summit which will feature Tim Shoulders as a speaker. Several additional Grass Valley experts will also be presenting during the show:
- "The #GALSNGEAR NABSHOW LIVE!" panel featuring Claudia Souza, Grass Valley's director of global business development advanced technology at NAB Show Conference on Tuesday, April 21, 2020, 8:30 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
- "Is Tech Transforming Story?" featuring Larissa Goerner, Grass Valley's director of advanced live solutions at NAB Show Conference on Tuesday, April 21, 2020, 1:30 p.m. - 2:10 p.m.
- "Next Steps of Broadcast Camera Integration into Full IP Infrastructures" delivered by Klaus Weber, Grass Valley's principal camera solutions and technology at BEIT Conference on Wednesday, April 22, 2020, 3:20 p.m. - 3:45 p.m.
For information about Grass Valley solutions and services, please visit grassvalley.com.
About Grass Valley
Grass Valley's end-to-end ecosystem of reliable, open standards-based solutions helps content creators, broadcasters and media organizations to produce brilliant content and build successful media businesses.
We are the trusted partner to many of the biggest and most creative names in the media and entertainment business, enabling the production of rich, high quality content that brings the viewer closer to the action; engages them with the story and connects them with each other.
Headquartered in Montreal, Grass Valley has been in the broadcast business for 60 years and is part of St. Louis-based Belden Inc. In February 2020, Black Dragon Capital signed an agreement to acquire Grass Valley from Belden. This transaction is expected to complete in Q1 2020.
Belden, Belden Sending All The Right Signals, and the Belden logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Belden Inc. or its affiliated companies in the United States and other jurisdictions. Grass Valley products listed above are trademarks or registered trademarks of Belden Inc., GVBB Holdings S.A.R.L. or Grass Valley Canada. Belden Inc., GVBB Holdings S.A.R.L., Grass Valley Canada and other parties may also have trademark rights in other terms used herein.
Media Relations Specialist
Want more information? Well, you’re in the right place! Complete the form below and we’ll be in contact ASAP