MONTREAL, October 11, 2017
— Grass Valley, a Belden Brand, will highlight its broad range of live production solutions for broadcast professionals at the annual CAPER 2017, taking place October 25-27 at the Centro Costa Salguero in Buenos Aires. The show is one of the region's largest events, drawing more than 6,000 attendees and focusing on broadcast, cable, satellite, cinema, lighting and audio. Grass Valley will be exhibiting in booth D-30.
"Live production is one of the most demanding broadcast applications, but also one of the most exciting with steady growth and revenue opportunities as today's viewers look to be informed and entertained as events happen in real time," said Nahuel Villegas, vice president, Grass Valley CALA. "Grass Valley is well known in the market for having an end-to-end portfolio that helps professionals create, control and connect content quickly and efficiently. Whether for a very large broadcaster, an arena, an OB van operator, a smaller operation or anything in between, we offer a solution with the right features at the right price to meet their needs."
Some of the products that will be featured at the show include:
- LDX 86 WorldCam: The LDX 86 WorldCam offers traditional HD/3G acquisition, as well as the ability to upgrade directly to LDX 4K UHD functionality, 3X HD, or 6X HD/3X 3G on a 1-day, 7-day or perpetual through the GV eLicense. It also provides extended color gamut and the option to upgrade to 15 F-stops of high dynamic range (HDR) in single-speed operation.
- Focus Series: The Focus Series cameras feature three Xensium-FT CMOS imagers with global shutter, ideal for smaller live studio and field applications, including regional broadcast stations, SNG vans, small OB vans, university sports productions, staging and houses of worship.
- K2 Summit: K2 Summit media servers merge software technology with traditional hardware for purpose-built devices that deliver 24/7/365 file-based infrastructure and high-performance file operations that run simultaneously. K2's infrastructure has the highest bandwidth capability of any system in the industry and guarantees that on-air channels never drop a frame of video.
- GV Korona K-Frame: The GV Korona K-Frame S-series systems, which combine ultimate mid-range switcher performance with proven workflows and simplified control of complex productions, are offered in three system packages, with 1, 2 or 3 M/Es. The systems offer a choice between two new control surfaces with a built-in touchscreen menu system, innovative touchscreens in transition areas, and a K-Frame S-series video processing engine.
- GV Karrera with K-Frame: As a software-based platform, Karrera with K-Frame is a modular approach to production switchers that delivers more creativity to create compelling and engaging content with multiformat support including 1080p and 4K. Karrera offers up to 192 inputs, 96 outputs and up to 9 M/Es with six keyers in every full M/E.
- K2 Dyno: The K2 Dyno Replay System features a highly intuitive touchscreen interface, shuttle knob and Grass Valley T-bar, and is based on the K2 media server infrastructure for increased content/metadata integration. K2 Dyno's unique AnySpeed technology dynamically provides the smoothest playback at any speed from 0% to 200%, while the DynoZoom tool allows for pan/zoom functions to be applied to high frame-rate camera systems including 3X 1080p, 6X and 4K UHD.
Visitors will see these products in the booth and will able to learn more about all of Grass Valley's live production solutions by talking with the experts.
For information about Grass Valley solutions and services, please visit grassvalley.com.
Grass Valley is focused on empowering customers to create, control and connect content wherever, however and whenever it is consumed. In this ever-changing media landscape, content remains the most important element. Many of our customers are faced with the need to create and support new workflows while continuing to operate their legacy workflows, simultaneously broadcasting through traditional channels, Over-The-Top platforms, and Video-On-Demand as well as to tablets, PCs, and mobile devices.
We provide the innovative tools and expertise to help customers improve the efficiency of their operations while telling better stories to attract and keep viewers. With Grass Valley's integrated solutions that enable flexibility, efficiency, cost-effectiveness, quality and scalability, broadcasters and content creators have what they need to sustain their businesses. Headquartered in Montreal, Grass Valley has been in the broadcast business for nearly 60 years and is part of St. Louis-based Belden Inc. For more information, visit www.belden.com.