Complete Virtual Image Version of iControl End-to-End Facility Monitoring
iControl VM is a complete version of our traditional iControl Base Edition customized, end-to-end facility monitoring system, packaged as a virtual image (OVA file). As a virtual image version, iControl VM allows users to benefit from the virtualization of their infrastructure. This includes running multiple instances of iControl VM to reduce space, while lowering system complexity, maintenance and power requirements. iControl VM future-proofs iControl by making it easier to not only integrate iControl with other applications on one server, but to easily replace old iControl servers.
- Users select the hardware for iControl software (see Specifications section for details)
- Reduce space, maintenance and power usage by running multiple iControl VM instances on powerful servers, such as blade servers
- Especially useful for large iControl installations or where there are space constraints either due to current equipment setups or where real-estate expansion or usage is too costly
- Quickly service defective server hardware by simply choosing a different host server to run iControl VM
- iControl VM is currently only supported onto VMWare hypervisor software
- iControl VM can only be installed on devices qualified by VMWare as identified in the “VMWare Compatibility Guide”
Each virtual machine instance of iControl VM running within the Hypervisor Software needs the following dedicated resources: CPU:
- 1 socket — 4 cores at 2.2 GHz each (5.0 GHz reserved)
- Minimum capacity: 8 GB (all reserved)
- Minimum RAM speed: 1,600 MT/s
- Minimum capacity: 100 GB
|IC-BASE-EDITION-VM||iControl Base Edition with virtual machine: License to run a single virtual machine instance of iControl|
DOCUMENTS & DOWNLOADS
Reduce space, maintenance and power usage by running multiple iControl VM instances on powerful servers.
iControl VM from Grass Valley, a Belden Brand, is a complete version of our traditional iControl Base Edition customized, end-to-end facility monitoring system, packaged as a virtual image (OVA file).
Want more information? Well, you’re in the right place! Complete the form below and we’ll be in contact ASAP