A highly adaptable television signal and network monitoring system, iControl is compatible with multiple advanced electronic supervision technologies, including Monitoring by Exception. It offers electronic probing with macroblock detection, lip sync error and content mismatch detection using video/audio fingerprints. Leveraging SNMP and monitoring rich visual and acoustic monitoring, it enables highly customized monitoring and control systems for broadcasters and pay TV operators, including advanced, end-to-end Network Management Systems.
- iControl is the most complete end-to-end, signal and facility monitoring system for broadcasters and television service providers
- All the elements involved in the production, processing and playout of television signals can be controlled from a single, integrated GUI
Top Quality User Interface
- Highly graphical views, with full motion and high quality streaming video, allow operators to quickly identify and respond to alarms, and thereby reduce the Mean Time to Repair (MTTR)
- System is geared towards simplifying operations so that a single user can control more channels or a broader range of monitoring tasks
- Interface can be configured with multiple levels appropriate to different tasks:
- Geographic View provides multisite viewing
- Operational View offers a closer view of a facility
- Maintenance Views provide even closer device and signal level monitoring
- Easily scales from small projects, with a few signals in a single room, to the largest systems with hundreds of services across multiple locations.
- Monitoring by Exception allows operators to focus their attention on television channels with alarm conditions, without distraction from correctly functioning channels
SNMP Monitoring plus Embedded Applications
- High level of control and monitoring of Grass Valley and third-party devices by combining SNMP control protocols with feedback from full motion and high quality streaming video
- With its SNMP Manager functions, iControl interfaces to all SNMP-enabled devices, and users can establish their own SNMP interfaces
- A higher level of control of third-party devices is achieved by embedding their native applications in the GUI, and these can be automatically presented by device alarms to speed up response times
Network Management System (NMS)
- By correlating information from multiple signals and systems, iControl offers advanced alarm management which helps operators deal with the large volumes of alarms generated in large facilities
- Multiple events can be managed as a whole, with related alarms automatically grouped under a single "umbrella."
- Multiple users can work together in a coordinated manner to troubleshoot complex networks and multiple alarms
iControl version 8 monitoring and control software application
1 RU Dell R330XL application server with 32 GB RAM, dual power supplies, and dual 240 GB SSD SSD with RAID for iControl
iControl version 8 monitoring and control application on a virtual machine
iControl Web software, (requires IC-SW-V8)
Includes: ability to create custom views, script autopilot functions, ability to embed third-party Windows
Enables SNMP communications with third-party devices
iControl router control software
Advanced hardware remote control panel
Edge signal set-top box monitoring device
HD/SD-SDI digital video control probe with embedded audio
Multichannel signal path playout monitoring (requires custom development)
License per channel monitored
Custom development to design signal path representation
Penalty box monitoring by exception integration with Kaleido multiviewers
DOCUMENTS & DOWNLOADS
A highly adaptable television signal and network monitoring system, iControl from Grass Valley, is compatible with multiple advanced electronic supervision technologies, including Monitoring by Exception. It offers electronic probing with macroblock detection, lip sync error and content mismatch detection using video/audio fingerprints. Leveraging SNMP and monitoring rich visual and acoustic monitoring, it enables highly customized monitoring and control systems for broadcasters and pay TV operators, including advanced, end-to-end Network Management Systems.
If you have a valid Service & Support Agreement please visit the link below to access the support portal to locate your product download.
Want more information? Well, you’re in the right place! Complete the form below and we’ll be in contact ASAP