- Superior 4K workflow, including support for Blackmagic Design’s DeckLink 4K Extreme, Ultra Studio 4K, AJA KONA 3G (preview only) and EDL or AAF import/export with Grass Valley HQX with DaVinci Resolve 11
- Supports third-party I/O hardware from Blackmagic Design, Matrox and AJA
- Edit media files with different resolutions — from 24x24 to 4Kx2K
- Real-time conversion of frame rates on the same timeline delivers more efficient editing into the hands of editors
- Fast, flexible user interface, including unlimited video, audio, title and graphics tracks
- Support for the latest file formats — Sony/Canon RAW, Sony XAVC (Intra/Long GOP)/XAVC S, Panasonic AVC-Ultra/AVC-Intra 422, AVC-Intra LT/LT 2K and Canon XF-AVC (import only)
- Work natively with many different video formats, including Sony XDCAM, Panasonic P2, Ikegami GF, RED, Canon XF and EOS movie formats
- Fastest AVCHD editing on the market (up to 3+ streams in real time)
- Multicam editing of up to 16 different sources simultaneously, with video output support
- Improved MPEG decoder and encoder
- Improved H.264/AVC decoder and encoder (for fast encoding of 4K XAVC)
- Accelerated 4K H.264 playback
- Optimized for fourth-generation Intel Core i architecture
- New GUI design for faster workflows
- 64-bit native processing with maximum memory access for streamlined real-time editing
- Proxy mode workflow for legacy computers helps extend their usability and increase ROI
- Supports Intel Quick Sync Video for extremely fast H.264 export (for Blu-ray Disc burning)
- Fast handling of large quantities of still image files (JPG, TGA, DPX and others)
- Primary color correction (RGB) LOG file support
- Primary color correction (RGB) Custom LUT file import
- RAW decode (Sony/Canon)
- 3-way color correction (YUV)
- Motion tracking
- High quality slow-motion (optical flow)
- Built-in image stabilization
- Direct to Blu-ray Disc and DVD timeline export
- OFX support for Magic Bullet and Sapphire plug-ins
- Ability to save a current project as a template in order to re-use preferred track settings, screen layout, etc.
Throughout the life of EDIUS 8.x there will be continuous improvements, all provided at no extra cost to users. New features planned for future releases include:
- H.265/HEVC support
- Support for high resolution displays
(feature list subject to change)
OS: Windows 7 64-bit (Service Pack 1 or later), Windows 8/8.1/10 64-bit
Note: See Memory section below for physical memory limits of each OS.
CPU: Any Intel Core 2 or Core iX CPU. Intel or AMD single core CPU with a 3 GHz processor speed or faster (multiple CPUs and/or multicore CPUs are recommended). SSSE3 (Supplementary SSE3) instruction set support required.
- 4 GB RAM minimum
- Requirements for RAM and video memory vary depending on the project format. For SD/HD projects: 4 GB or more RAM recommended. For 4K projects: 8 GB or more RAM recommended
Maximum amount of RAM is based on the physical memory limits of each OS.
- Windows 10, Enterprise and Pro, 64-bit: 512 GB
- Windows 8/8.1, Enterprise and Pro, 64-bit: 512 GB
- Windows 8/8.1, 64-bit: 128 GB
- Windows 7, Ultimate, Enterprise, and Professional, 64-bit: 192 GB
- Windows 7, Home Premium, 64-bit: 16 GB (not recommended for complex 4K projects)
- Windows 7, Home Basic, 64-bit: 8 GB (not recommended for projects above HD resolution)
|SD and below
|Over HD (including 4K)
||16 GB or more
||2 GB or more
||16 GB or more
||2 GB or more
- Supporting higher resolution than 1024x768 32-bit. Direct3D 9.0c or later and PixelShader Model 3.0 or later is required
- Requirements for video memory size when using GPUfx will vary depending on the project format. For 10-bit SD projects: 1 GB or more recommended, for HD/4K projects 2 GB or more recommended
Note: Requirements for video memory vary depending on the project format. See Memory section above for details.
6 GB of hard disk space is required for installation
Drive with SATA/7,200 RPM or faster is required for video storage:
- Available hard drive disc space should be twice the size of the file to be edited
- RAID-0 is recommended for HD and above resolution editing
EDIUS 8 supports the following Grass Valley hardware:
- STORM 3G Elite
- STORM 3G
- STORM Pro
- STORM Mobile
- HDSPARK Pro
Blu-ray Disc writer is required when creating Blu-ray Discs
DVD-R/RW or DVD+R/RW drive is required when creating DVDs
Sound card with WDM driver support is required.
Internet connection required for software license activation; thereafter Internet connection is required once per month to maintain usage.
90-day limited warranty.
Note: External video decks/cameras may require a USB 2.0 port for connectivity.
Updated for version 8.3, November 2016
Even a NLE as comprehensive as EDIUS can't do everything. Luckily, third-party software developers are ready to give EDIUS additional functionality. They can create software plug-ins for additional filters and effects, or for titling, compositing and keying.Learn more about compatible EDIUS Third-party Plug-ins »