IQASI25 ASI Transport Stream Switch and DA
The IQASI25 is a cost-effective ASI-switched distribution amplifier that continuously monitors two MPEG-2 DVB ASI transport streams (TS) and routes the preferred input to the five identical outputs. It monitors various critical parameters within the transport stream and their status will effect switching and alarms.
It is compliant to the ETSI TR 101290 specification for Digital Video Broadcasting and supports both DVB and ATSC transport streams in Packet, Byte & Burst modes.
Automatic operation is configurable by the user and the switch may also be externally controlled via the RollCall control and monitoring system or external GPIs.
- Monitors two ASI inputs for loss of carrier signal, loss of transport stream sync and loss of PAT with automatic input switching on error
- Designed to minimize switching and prevent unnecessary disruption of the transport stream
- Remains on an input until that input fails. If the alternate input has also failed, no switch occurs
- If both inputs return to a good state, the switch remains static on the selected input
- Manual switch to force the module to Input 1 or 2
- Two configurable GPIO ports (two in or two out or one of each)
- LED indicators to show if input 1 is absent, input 2 is absent and if outputs are derived from input 1 or input 2
- RollCall control and monitoring compatible
Inputs and Outputs
ASI 1: ASI (270 Mb/s)
ASI 2: ASI (270 Mb/s)
Standards: DVB-ASI, EN50083-9
Electrical: Transformer coupled 75R 800 mVp-p
Input cable length: 100m (Image 1000HD)
Serial data: 5 ASI (270 Mb/s)
GPI: 2 (shared connector)
Connector/format: Standard Grass Valley screw terminal
GPI: Opto input 2.2 kΩ to +5V, (1.6 mA to ground)
GPO: Relay rated 1A @ 30V DC switching to ground
Power: OK (Green)
CPU: OK (Green flashing)
- OK (Green)
- Fail (Red)
Auto: Green Lit = selected
Output source 1: Yellow Lit = selected
Output source 2: Yellow Lit = selected
Electrical: ASI transport stream
- Standard Grass Valley screw terminal
Module power consumption:
- 4.5W max (A frames)
- 4.5 PR (B frames)
ASI Transport Stream Switch & Distribution Amplifier. 2 ASI inputs, 5 ASI outputs, 2 GPI/Os.
For more details on enclosure types please refer to the IQ Modular Enclosures datasheet.
DOCUMENTS & DOWNLOADS
IQASI25: ASI Transport Stream Switch and Distribution Amplifier Datasheet
The IQASI25 from Grass Valley is a cost-effective ASI-switched distribution amplifier that continuously monitors two MPEG-2 DVB ASI transport streams (TS) and routes the preferred input to the five identical outputs
Want more information? Well, you’re in the right place! Complete the form below and we’ll be in contact ASAP