The Small Form-factor Pluggable (SFP) optical module cartridges for video are small, hot-pluggable devices used to provide fiber connectivity to 12G/3G/HD/SD SDI products from either a Densité frame (they can be used with any 12G video card that has a rear module with an “F” name suffix (i.e., HDA-3961-3SRP-HF), irrelevant of which Densité frame is hosting the card), IQ Modular 12G SDI card such as the IQSDA4100-1B4, IQSDA4200-1B4 and the KudosPro UHD-1200. By using single mode fiber instead of coaxial cables, these interfaces can be used over much longer distances without degrading signal quality, which is very useful when carrying 12G signals. All SFP optical module cartridges for video that are available from Grass Valleyi are RoHS compliant.
12G SFP optical module cartridges include:
- SFP-U-R-LC: 12 Gb/s Single Channel Optical Receiver Cartridge with Simplex LC
- SFP-U-RR-LC: 12 Gb/s Dual Channel Optical Receiver Cartridge with Duplex LC
- SFP-U-T-S13-LC: 12 Gb/s Single Channel 1310 nm Optical Transmitter Cartridge with Simplex LC
- SFP-U-TT-S13S13-LC: 12 Gb/s Dual Channel 1310 nm Optical Transmitter Cartridge with Duplex LC
- SFP-U-RT-S13-LC: 12 Gb/s 1310 nm Optical Transceiver Cartridge with Duplex LC