Grass Valley Extends Networking Solutions Portfolio to Power Broadcast Operations at NAB 2018
Both Grass Valley and recently acquired SAM networking solutions offer full support of the latest industry standards, including SMPTE ST 2110
MONTREAL, April 8, 2018 — Advanced broadcast technology and networking standards are constantly evolving and every content producer is in a different stage of adopting and upgrading its own specific workflows to take advantage of these advances. Grass Valley, a Belden Brand, consistently delivers networking solutions with the flexibility and scalability to meet a wide range of unique user needs. This includes the ability to incorporate HDR, 4K UHD and IP when and as their business models demand.
As the foundation that supports the entire broadcast production workflow, the network is one of the most important investments a company will make. With the integration of networking solutions from both Grass Valley and SAM in one portfolio, customers now have access to the largest selection—as well as unsurpassed innovation and support—to expand and upgrade their infrastructure. At NAB 2018, Grass Valley will showcase a variety of integrated networking solutions that support SMPTE ST 2110 with common profiles, including:
- GV Convergent 1.5 — the newest version of GV Convergent helps users transparently manage SDI and IP routing on one familiar interface with simple visualization of COTS IP network bandwidth and parallel support of SDN and IGMP, as well as audio breakaway and shuffling, and conversion between AES profiles.
- Sirius 840 Enterprise Routing with MV 850 — an integrated multiviewer with unmatched flexibility—operating in SDI, AES, MADI, 4K UHD, IP and 12G, requiring no functional compromise on I/O, signal processing or redundant crosspoint protection. Sirius 840 also features built-in audio and video processing.
- Kaleido IP Multiviewer — boasts the highest number of simultaneous program decodes in the industry with an unlimited number of audio decodes (stereo and 5.1) per program. The solution supports SMPTE ST 2110 and 2022-6, DVB MPEG TS and OTT monitoring of streaming formats, as well as advanced signal quality probing and alarming. Kaleido IP can be used with other Kaleido multiviewers for seamless baseband/IP operation.
- IQUCP — a modular re-programmable compute processing platform for IP interfacing and processing (12G/4K UHD/HDR) that is compatible with SMPTE ST 2110 and 2022-6/7. IQUCP also includes signal monitoring, a multiviewer and a choice of SDI or IP I/O, network processing to provide the interfacing between IP networks, as well as video format conversion, legalization and proc amp control, TPGs and captions, and audio processing. IQUCP is available with a choice of redundant high-bandwidth interfaces—25GbE (SFP28) or 50GbE (QSFP28).
- XIP-3901 Agile IP/SDI Processing Platform — a SMPTE ST 2110-ready, software definable FPGA processing platform, featuring the flexibility of a 12G/3G/HD-SDI up/downconverter, a 3G quad link to/from the 12G SDI Gear Box, frame sync and optional HDR processing.
- Orbit configuration and monitoring — a real-time status reporting solution for either the entire broadcast chain or individual components. Orbit can also uniquely identify content with automatic fault finding using Media Biometrics.
"The foundation of our networking solutions is their reliance on open standards. Grass Valley, along with SAM, have both been members of AIMS from its inception, so our solutions are always ready to easily distribute signals and data in any environment," said Jean-Marc d'Anjou, vice president of networking, Grass Valley. "In addition to meeting current industry standards, our solutions are ready for the future, including HDR, 4K UHD and IP workflows."
Grass Valley is demonstrating its networking solutions at NAB in booth SL106.
For information about Grass Valley solutions and services, please visit grassvalley.com.
About Grass Valley
Grass Valley is focused on empowering customers to create, control and connect content wherever, however and whenever it is consumed. In this ever-changing media landscape, content remains the most important element. Many of our customers are faced with the need to create and support new workflows while continuing to operate their legacy workflows, simultaneously broadcasting through traditional channels, Over-The-Top platforms, and Video-On-Demand as well as to tablets, PCs, and mobile devices.
We provide the innovative tools and expertise to help customers improve the efficiency of their operations while telling better stories to attract and keep viewers. With Grass Valley's integrated solutions that enable flexibility, efficiency, cost-effectiveness, quality and scalability, broadcasters and content creators have what they need to sustain their businesses. Headquartered in Montreal, Grass Valley has been in the broadcast business for nearly 60 years and is part of St. Louis-based Belden Inc. For more information, visit www.belden.com.
Belden, Belden Sending All The Right Signals, and the Belden logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Belden Inc. or its affiliated companies in the United States and other jurisdictions. Grass Valley products listed above are trademarks or registered trademarks of Belden Inc., GVBB Holdings S.A.R.L. or Grass Valley Canada. Belden Inc., GVBB Holdings S.A.R.L., Grass Valley Canada and other parties may also have trademark rights in other terms used herein.
Want more information? Well, you’re in the right place! Complete the form below and we’ll be in contact ASAP