Grass Valley Showcases Wide Range of Interoperable Live Production Solutions at NAB 2018
The combined portfolio of Grass Valley and SAM gives customers more choice, more freedom and more opportunity
MONTREAL, April 8, 2018 — The customer is always right. It's an age-old adage, but it's never been more true. Grass Valley, a Belden Brand, makes it easy to find the right solution with highly flexible live production technology that enables and empowers broadcasters to operate however and wherever they work best. Now that Grass Valley has brought SAM live production solutions under its umbrella, the combined portfolio swells to fit the needs of any operation, providing broadcasters more options than ever when outfitting their studios regardless of size, budget or business need.
Grass Valley's live production portfolio is powerful and flexible, easily adapting to any environment and workflow including HD, 4K UHD and HDR, as well as both SDI and IP signal flows. This year at NAB 2018, Grass Valley will demonstrate multiple live production solutions including the accessible and affordable DirectIP+ remote production solution. DirectIP+ enables broadcasters to manage At-Home productions from any distance and reduces bandwidth requirements between cameras and XCU cradles so broadcasters can link any camera to any XCU without ever touching a cable.
Complementing DirectIP+, booth visitors will see the LDX 86N Series fully native HD/3G/4K/ High-Speed Camera Platform with optional HDR and the Focus 75 Live 720/1080i Switchable HD System Camera. In addition, the highly flexible multi-cam replay platform, LiveTouch, will be on display. LiveTouch allows users to enjoy instant collaboration, integrated editing and advanced replay tools in HD, 4K UHD, and HDR. LiveTouch scales to meet the needs of any size live production, giving users instant access to any camera with inter-server streaming.
Grass Valley also boasts the widest array of production switchers on the market. Those shown at NAB 2018 will include:
- GV K-Frame X — the industry's largest IP I/O footprint production switcher with up to 192x96 IP, SDI or mixed connectivity connections and up to 9M/Es that can be split across multiple suites. GV K-Frame X is flexible, supporting SD, HD, 1080p, 4K UHD (compressed and uncompressed) and HDR, and working with any of the Kayenne, Karrera and GV Korona panel families. GV K-Frame X is SMPTE ST 2110 compliant using 10GbE and 25GbE ports.
- Kahuna — the Swiss Army knife for production switcher format conversion, offering outstanding format versatility via FormatFusion4. Kahuna works quickly, simultaneously inputting, mixing, and outputting any format, including UHD, WCG and HDR HLG, PQ, or S-Log, in addition to SD, HD, 1080p and 4K UHD (compressed and uncompressed).
- K-Frame S-series — the perfect fit for stadium productions and broadcast with an I/O footprint up to 80x48, up to 6 M/Es and, like all K-Frames, the integrated graphics control of Ross and Chyron graphics engines. K-Frame S-series works with any of the Kayenne, Karrera and GV Korona panel families and supports SD, HD, 1080p, 4K UHD (compressed and uncompressed) and HDR.
- K-Frame V-series — a compact switcher that works with any of the Kayenne, Karrera and GV Korona panel families. V-series now offers an IP I/O option that works for broadcasters looking to go all-IP or those migrating from SDI to IP at their own pace and an EZ 4K mode to simplify configuration of 2SI 4K productions. The powerful switcher supports up to 3M/Es plus 2 VPEs and saves on space with 12G-SDI connectivity that reduces UHD cabling requirements by 75 percent.
- Kula compact switching — a cost-effective, SMPTE ST 2110-compliant production switcher for small spaces and budgets. The solution utilizes FormatFusion3 to support SD, HD, 1080p, 4K UHD, and is fully integrated with a multiviewer, ClipStore, Kula control surfaces, GFX Editor and K-Touch for seamless live content creation.
"We always want to offer customers the best and most efficient technology for their production needs—both now and in the future," said Mark Hilton, vice president of live production, Grass Valley. "Our newly expanded live production portfolio does just that with a wide array of customizable formats and features, supporting an extensive variety of live event programming and ready to meet our customers' evolving needs."
Grass Valley is demonstrating its live production solutions at NAB in booth SL106.
For information about Grass Valley solutions and services, please visit grassvalley.com.
About Grass Valley
Grass Valley is focused on empowering customers to create, control and connect content wherever, however and whenever it is consumed. In this ever-changing media landscape, content remains the most important element. Many of our customers are faced with the need to create and support new workflows while continuing to operate their legacy workflows, simultaneously broadcasting through traditional channels, Over-The-Top platforms, and Video-On-Demand as well as to tablets, PCs, and mobile devices.
We provide the innovative tools and expertise to help customers improve the efficiency of their operations while telling better stories to attract and keep viewers. With Grass Valley's integrated solutions that enable flexibility, efficiency, cost-effectiveness, quality and scalability, broadcasters and content creators have what they need to sustain their businesses. Headquartered in Montreal, Grass Valley has been in the broadcast business for nearly 60 years and is part of St. Louis-based Belden Inc. For more information, visit www.belden.com.
Belden, Belden Sending All The Right Signals, and the Belden logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Belden Inc. or its affiliated companies in the United States and other jurisdictions. Grass Valley products listed above are trademarks or registered trademarks of Belden Inc., GVBB Holdings S.A.R.L. or Grass Valley Canada. Belden Inc., GVBB Holdings S.A.R.L., Grass Valley Canada and other parties may also have trademark rights in other terms used herein.
Want more information? Well, you’re in the right place! Complete the form below and we’ll be in contact ASAP