Grass Valley Unveils iTX Flex and the Industry's Broadest Content Delivery Portfolio at NAB 2018
iTX Flex represents a breakthrough in cloud-based playout
MONTREAL, April 8, 2018 — In the age of the on-demand consumer, content delivery solutions must be designed to seamlessly connect and monetize, allowing broadcasters to deliver programs quickly and to the right platform so that viewers can watch what they want, when and where they want. At NAB 2018, Grass Valley, a Belden Brand, will highlight cloud and virtualized playout solutions for all broadcasters' needs, featuring the brand new iTX Flex, the industry's first true-cloud automated playout platform.
Now that Grass Valley and SAM content delivery solutions are combined, customers have access to an industry-leading selection of products that will fit the needs of any operation, regardless of size, budget or business need. All the platforms customers have come to rely upon are now available from one supplier, making it easier for customers to choose the right blend of solutions for their business.
Headlined by the innovative new iTX Flex, the full range of content delivery solutions from the expanded portfolio will be on display at NAB 2018:
- All-new iTX Flex cloud-based playout platform — this new solution offers true-cloud playout orchestration using microservices, provided as SaaS. iTX Flex utilizes a full-featured and robust software playout engine with control and monitoring via an HTML5 browser-based UI. It enables rapid deployment allowing users to spin up channels in minutes, and is available in the cloud, on-premise or in a hybrid configuration. The solution is cost-effective and highly scalable and features the most CPU-efficient playout engine in the industry.
- iTX Integrated Playout Platform — providing true software-based playout in SD, HD or UHD with extensive HDR support. The playout engines support IP (SMPTE 2110, 2022-6 & 2022-2) and SDI or a hybrid of both.
- iTX On-Demand — specifically addresses the preparation of video on demand (VOD) and catch-up TV assets in a way that dramatically reduces operational costs and the time it takes to get content onto VOD platforms, for both pre-recorded and live content. iTX On-Demand embeds VOD asset creation into the production from the start, using powerful recipes that take the pain out of complex workflows, making them easy to execute.
- Morpheus multi-channel, multi-screen playout automation — supports control of hundreds of hardware devices, including over-the-top (OTT) devices whether the workflow is on-premise, virtualized or being housed at multiple facilities. Morpheus can control ICE for a fully integrated playout solution.
- ICE integrated channel playout — powered by Morpheus for advanced flexibility, ICE offers multiple channel outputs from a single playlist and supports 2D or 3D graphics templates with dynamic, real-time data.
"Today, virtualization and cloud accessibility are a rapidly growing part of the playout equation. iTX Flex is designed to address this trend and give broadcasters solutions that fit into their workflow while providing them with the flexibility and agility to meet their needs," said Raed Al Tikriti, vice president of content delivery, Grass Valley. "It's easier than ever to lose audience eyes if content isn't getting in front of the right people in the right place at the right time. We offer a wide range of options that make that delivery possible."
Grass Valley is demonstrating its content delivery solutions at NAB in booth SL106.
For information about Grass Valley solutions and services, please visit grassvalley.com.
About Grass Valley
Grass Valley is focused on empowering customers to create, control and connect content wherever, however and whenever it is consumed. In this ever-changing media landscape, content remains the most important element. Many of our customers are faced with the need to create and support new workflows while continuing to operate their legacy workflows, simultaneously broadcasting through traditional channels, Over-The-Top platforms, and Video-On-Demand as well as to tablets, PCs, and mobile devices.
We provide the innovative tools and expertise to help customers improve the efficiency of their operations while telling better stories to attract and keep viewers. With Grass Valley's integrated solutions that enable flexibility, efficiency, cost-effectiveness, quality and scalability, broadcasters and content creators have what they need to sustain their businesses. Headquartered in Montreal, Grass Valley has been in the broadcast business for nearly 60 years and is part of St. Louis-based Belden Inc. For more information, visit www.belden.com.
Belden, Belden Sending All The Right Signals, and the Belden logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Belden Inc. or its affiliated companies in the United States and other jurisdictions. Grass Valley products listed above are trademarks or registered trademarks of Belden Inc., GVBB Holdings S.A.R.L. or Grass Valley Canada. Belden Inc., GVBB Holdings S.A.R.L., Grass Valley Canada and other parties may also have trademark rights in other terms used herein.
Media Relations Specialist
Want more information? Well, you’re in the right place! Complete the form below and we’ll be in contact ASAP.