Grass Valley Brings the Broadcast Industry's Most Comprehensive Content and Media Technology Portfolio to IBC 2018
MONTREAL, August 31, 2018 — Grass Valley, a Belden Brand, will showcase its newly enhanced product portfolio at IBC 2018, leveraging the best innovation and expertise to give customers the ultimate selection and service. Visitors to the Grass Valley booth (# 9.A01) will be able to see how this extensive portfolio delivers real-world solutions to the challenges that broadcasters are facing and how the acquisition of SAM earlier in the year provides additional value for Grass Valley customers.
Grass Valley will reiterate its commitment to helping customers transition to software-defined, cloud-based workflows and flexible IP-based networks. At IBC, we will highlight how Grass Valley solutions improve broadcasters' business agility and enhance their ability to tell powerful stories with stunning pictures.
Grass Valley will demonstrate its leadership in four key portfolio areas:
- Live: Grass Valley IP-enabled solutions are flexibly optioned to capture and replay the action, however complex the requirements, whether in HD, 4K UHD or HDR.
- News: Grass Valley's unmatched workflow orchestration simplifies the integration of social media management and distribution, getting your news to viewers first.
- Playout: Grass Valley delivers the most comprehensive range of playout solutions that handle any operation, regardless of size and complexity, including virtualized and true cloud playout, enabling broadcasters to turn challenges into ratings and revenue.
- Networking: Grass Valley's field-proven, standards-based, end-to-end IP solutions for OB trucks, on-site studios or remote productions make the complex simple. With the industry's most-deployed solution set based on open standards and Commercial Off-The Shelf (COTS) IT switches, Grass Valley delivers the flexible, scalable networking architecture the future demands.
A dedicated area of the stand will feature a live eSports demonstration, made possible through a collaboration with FACEIT, an eSports event production company. Featuring professional gamers in a full-scale eSports competition environment, the demonstration will be integral to Grass Valley's live equipment workflow, using the same solutions currently in use by several eSports league broadcasts.
Tim Shoulders, president of Grass Valley, commented: "With the SAM and Grass Valley products now fully integrated into a single portfolio, we are perfectly positioned to help our customers overcome the enormous challenges they face in a rapidly evolving marketplace. Empowering our customers to improve the agility and flexibility of their operations and enabling them to deliver strong storytelling with stunning images is our top priority. At IBC, we'll share how we're taking our deep expertise in broadcasting to other sectors, such as eSports, to meet customers' emerging production needs."
A range of products will also make their IBC debut:
- GV STRATUS is a flexible production solution that can be accessed from anywhere on any device with simple editing on a web client. This solution captures content from a wide range of sources, whether SDI, IP, or streams online. It can work with a wide variety of content from SD to UHD and now offers pure file-based workflow support when baseband isn't a requirement. In the latest version, 6.5, features such as external media management and the powerful rules-based engine help manage and push content faster and easier to a variety of platforms.
- The new iTX Flex is a radical new approach to playout that provides customers the freedom to host services in the public cloud or on-premises. The flexibility in hosting, plus the ability to rapidly deploy channels, is enabled by iTX Flex's cloud native, microservices-based architecture. GV Convergent enables users to transparently manage SDI and IP routing on one familiar interface. The latest release, version 1.5, provides simple visualization of COTS IP network bandwidth and parallel support of SDN and IGMP, as well as audio breakaway, shuffling, and conversion between AES profiles.
- The introduction of the LDX 86N RF head is the only wireless, shoulder-mounted 4K RF head in the industry. It provides the freedom to get the shots you need while offering a single solution for transmitting HD, 4K and HiSpeed HD over the same link — even simultaneously transmitting high-speed phases (up to 3x1080p) with a separate 3G video channel.
- Grass Valley delivers the widest array of live production switchers. Integrated processing makes them easily adaptable to any environment or workflow, including HD, 4K UHD and HDR, as well as both SDI and IP with 12G single link or quad link signal flows. From the powerful GV K-Frame X to the flexible and versatile Kahuna and compact Kula switcher, Grass Valley provides customers with an array of customizable formats and features to meet the requirements of a range of live production scenarios.
Visitors to the Grass Valley booth will also have convenient access to the all IP, 4K UHD Arena OBZ mobile production truck, which will also be on display in Hall 9 and features a wide range of Grass Valley solutions.
Grass Valley will be hosting a press conference on Thursday, September 13 at 3:15pm at Hotel Novotel Amsterdam City. To RSVP, please contact email@example.com.
To register for a 1-1 briefing with Grass Valley, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For information about Grass Valley solutions and services, please visit grassvalley.com.
About Grass Valley
Grass Valley is focused on empowering customers to create, control and connect content wherever, however and whenever it is consumed. In this ever-changing media landscape, content remains the most important element. Many of our customers are faced with the need to create and support new workflows while continuing to operate their legacy workflows, simultaneously broadcasting through traditional channels, Over-The-Top platforms, and Video-On-Demand as well as to tablets, PCs, and mobile devices.
We provide the innovative tools and expertise to help customers improve the efficiency of their operations while telling better stories to attract and keep viewers. With Grass Valley's integrated solutions that enable flexibility, efficiency, cost-effectiveness, quality and scalability, broadcasters and content creators have what they need to sustain their businesses. Headquartered in Montreal, Grass Valley has been in the broadcast business for nearly 60 years and is part of St. Louis-based Belden Inc. For more information, visit www.belden.com.
Belden, Belden Sending All The Right Signals, and the Belden logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Belden Inc. or its affiliated companies in the United States and other jurisdictions. Grass Valley products listed above are trademarks or registered trademarks of Belden Inc., GVBB Holdings S.A.R.L. or Grass Valley Canada. Belden Inc., GVBB Holdings S.A.R.L., Grass Valley Canada and other parties may also have trademark rights in other terms used herein.
VP, Marketing Communications
Media Relations Specialist for LATAM
Want more information? Well, you’re in the right place! Complete the form below and we’ll be in contact ASAP